SPOILER ALERT!

Betrayal in Death [J.D. Robb]

Betrayal in Death - J.D. Robb

I've really got to stop my In Death re-read and start reading the other books that are just waiting on my TBR pile! This one is also one that I didn't remember at all.  I remember the first three or so very well and beyond that, my memory of the books is kind of spotty.

I kind of wish that one of Roarke's friends could pop up without them becoming important to the case that Eve is involved in.  I assumed that Mick was involved in some way, so it would have been a nice surprise if his visit had just been bad timing on his part.

This case was hard on Eve, all of her cases are hard since she does so much to stand for the dead, but this case was hard for her on two fronts: they are sexual homicides and they are all connected to Roarke in some way.  Killed in buildings he owns and they worked for him.  One he didn't know at all and the other was something of a friend.

The title of the book is a little misleading, since Roarke doesn't see it as a betrayal.  I'm not going to say more than that, since that would be a major spoiler and I try not to do that.

Next up in my re-read is Interlude In Death, which is a novella.  After that, I really need to read books that aren't part of this series!