Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed [Jared Diamond]

Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed - Jared Diamond

This book contained too much information to even ry to summarize in a review, so I'm not even going to try. Instead, I have very little to say about this book overall. My favorite chapters had to be the one's about the past socities (mostly, no doubt, due to my love of history). I was surprised to not love the chapters about Norse Greenland. I think that is becasue I already knew so much of it already (like Renee didn't love the chapter about the Maya b/c she knew it all, told you I jinxed myself, Renee!). My favorite chapter out of all of them had to be the one about Easter Island, followed by the chapter about Pitcairn and Henderson Islands (the chapter was titled "The Last People Alive", which gives a stark image of a person all alone on a island just waiting to die). Aside from the history chapters in general, I also found the chapter about big business to be interesting.

I might come back later and write a epic review, since I really did take notes over this book (I really did! Some of them might even be useful for a review!) but I hate writing long reviews and the internet is still acting odd, so no promises! I'm hoping to at least write a longer review, but the internet is only working some of time, so I wanted to at least get this small review up.