The Nymph King [Gena Showalter]

The Nymph King - Gena Showalter

I'm not too sure about the nymphs and their enslaving powers. I'm still wondering why Brenna and Shaye were (mostly) able to ingore the the power the nymphs had over all the other women. I understand Brenna to some extent, but Shaye being immiune is still a puzzle. Mates maybe but the book says that even mates become enslaved, so maybe it's that they are human and mates? Sounds good anyway.

I liked this book more than the first two in the series (Heart of the Dragon & Jewel of Atlantis). I disliked Valerian at first because of his arrogance. I understood the reason for it (he is king of the nymphs after all) but it really annoyed me. Shaye mellows him out some by the end of the book, so his arrogance is more playful than serious, which annoys me a lot less.

Stragely enough, I thought I'd just be reading this book to get to Layel's book (The Vampire's Bride), since that's the one I've really wanted to read since starting this series, but I'm too OCD to read the books out of order. I enjoyed this book on it's own and it's my favorite Atlantis book so far. I'm hoping The Vampire's Bride will be even better (Layel with an Amazon, it's got to be interesting if nothing else!)