Grave Sight [Charlaine Harris]

Grave Sight - Charlaine Harris

My review of all four of these can be found at the Harper Connelly Mysteries Quartet page.

Grave Sight 4 stars- It took me a little time to get into this one, since it was the start of the series and I wasn't really sure what to expect (I just love her writing and saw this collection on the overdrive site and had to read it). I know some people have issues with her job, but I never even considered how odd it is until some of the people in the town started reacting to her job. It is a little odd, but she is right the dead want to be found. She finds them, simple as that.

I wonder if I'm the only one that saw sexual tension between Tolliver and Harper? I'm not sure that's what it was, but it didn't seem like brother-sister affection. I know they are only step, but they were raised together. Maybe I'm just seeing something that isn't really there?

This book was a quick read, after I got into it. The drama happened all at once, with some build up. The main drama happened after Tolliver was arrested on BS charges: Harper gets hurt right after, then shot and so on.. They almost got out of town and then they got a call. I wonder what would have happened if they'd ignored said call and just left anyway?