SPOILER ALERT!

Night Broken [Patricia Briggs]

Night Broken - Patricia Briggs

I don't think I have much to say about this one that wouldn't be a spoiler. There seemed to be a lot of different things going on at once: the fae who wanted the walking stick (which leads to Coyote), Adam's ex-wife needing help (what is she planning?) and several other things that steamed from those.

Coyote does so up at some point, but he is - as usual - only somewhat helpful. I felt like I missed a book somewhere - since when is Mercy Coyote's daughter? I vaguely remember something about it, but that's about it. I don't really think I missed a book but a felt a little lost at that point.

I expected Christy, Adam's ex, to be a bigger deal then she really was. Everyone was so ready to defend her, but she didn't cause Mercy that much trouble. It was bad enough, really, but I expected more drama then there was. Maybe it's because Mercy wasn't willing to rise to the bait.

The two main parts of the plot (the walking stick and Adam's ex) tie together really well, which is something I didn't expect. I should have, since they are in the same book and both involve Mercy but I hadn't expected it to work out as well as it did.