Reading progress update: I've read 390 out of 1167 pages.

Written in My Own Heart's Blood - Diana Gabaldon

I feel like I'm reading this book at a snails pace.  I know I'm not. Nearly 400 pages in two days isn't slow at all.  I always forget how long these books are until I get one from the library and stop and stare dumbfounded at the number of pages.  I do that every time, since the number of pages in one of these startles me every time.  You'd think I'd be use to it by now.  All of these books are 800+ pages, even in ebook format (epub, in this case if anyone cares).  I can't imagine carrying a paperback or hardcover version of one of these books.

My current plan is one part a day until I'm done.  So far I've done so, since this is day two and page 389 was the last page of Part Two.  It ended in a cliffhanger, which annoys me but I know I don't have time tonight to read Part Three, so I'm going to leave it alone.  Come to think of it, part one ended in a cliffhanger too!  I wonder if that was planned?  I guess not everyone reads the Outlander books the way I do, but I'm OCD enough to have to end my reading at the end of a chapter at least and parts work very well too.

(Should an update be that long?)