SPOILER ALERT!

Bet Me [Jennifer Crusie]

Bet Me - Jennifer Crusie

There were points when I felt sorry for Cynthia, but then she'd say something about her book and how a wedding photo would look good on the back. I never felt sorry for David, since he was the one who dumped Min and then regretted it.

I didn't laugh as much while listening to this book as I did while reading any other book I've read by Jennifer Crusie. I'm not sure if that's just because this book isn't as funny or if it's just that it's an audiobook and that had an effect.

I was a little worried about the whole bet thing to start with, since I expected her to find out after he won the bet and then get pissed at him. Well, that and I hate bets in general. The bet did end up being the problem, but not quite the way I expected it to be.

I'm not sure I liked the ending summary part. I didn't hate any of it, but it was kind of strange to include after the whole happily Ever After conversation that Cal and Min had in the chapter before it: fairy tales end at the start of the HEA. Maybe it was meant to separate this book from fairy tales?