SPOILER ALERT!

Memory in Death [J.D. Robb]

Memory in Death - J.D. Robb

I don't think I'm going to have a lot to say about this book: I finished it late last night and got lazy on the reviewing it.  Now I wish I'd either waited and finished it this morning or wrote this review last night.

This book starts with a blackmail attempt.  The woman, Trudy, had fostered Eve after she'd been found in Dallas.  Trudy kept records on every child she fostered and after seeing Eve on TV in relation to the Icove case, she's hoping to get some money to keep Eve's past quiet.  She's in Eve's office when Eve gets back from a case and at first Eve doesn't remember her at all and when she does she makes Trudy leave and has a complete meltdown after she gets back home.  Roarke may never have known if Peabody hadn't seen Eve before she left and decided to call him.  Eve and Roarke get into an argument and even Summerset is worried about Eve.  She pulls herself together, with Roarke's help and thinks that's the end of it. Until Trudy shows up at Roarke's office.  This is were the blackmail attempt happens and Roarke happily shuts the idea down.

Eve and Roarke get into another argument, since it took Eve a little while to catch up and she realizes the day after Trudy was in her office that Trudy is there for Roarke and not for Eve.   It all goes downhill from there, with Trudy ending up dead and Eve having no real suspects at first.