The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark [Carl Sagan, Ann Druyan]

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark - Ann Druyan, Carl Sagan

The last couple of chapters seemed more like filler than anything else. Maybe it's just me.

I expected more science and less about what is wrong with pseudoscience. It has to be assumed that he's talking to a group of people that are at least interested in science. Said people might not know that much about science, but they have to be interested. Over half of it was pseudoscience. I know what pseudoscience is!! Explaining it wasn't a bad thing, but over half of the book being about pseudoscience takes away from what he is really trying to say. I don't even think he really explained what science is! Or why science is so important.

I liked this book, but I think he fell short of what he was trying to do. Maybe he wasn't trying to teach science, but to make people interested in science.

thank you, Mr. Sagan, for calling Psychology a science. I was afraid he wouldn't, since he seemed more focused on physical sciences overall - aside from the idea that alien abductions might be all in the person's mind.