The Mayfair Moon [J. A. Redmerski]

The Mayfair Moon - J.A. Redmerski

I really enjoyed this one. I was a little worried about it, since it's young adult and I tend to not like YA books. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure why I avoid YA books, aside from not being able to relate to the char.

I was also a little worried that this book would end up being a werewolf version of Twilight: both Bella and Ardia are teenage girls, both move from their mom's house to live somewhere completely different and the paranormal aspects are a general given. I'm very happy to report that these vague similarities are the only one's. Ardia is a lot smarter than Bella (not that that really takes much).

A 400 year old man after a teenager is really creepy. I'm not going to explain that, since it's important to the plot, but now that I'm really thinking about the end of the book, that's really freaking me out. The only other thing that bothered me in this book was Alex. I hate that Arida lost her sister and it's almost worse that Alex is still alive but lost in another way.

I do want to read the next book in the series, but I might wait until the final one comes out, since this book had a nice ending. No cliffhanger, unless you think about it too hard :)