Wicked Nights [Gena Showalter]

Wicked Nights - Gena Showalter

I've been wanting to read this book since I first heard about it, but at the same time, I've been almost dreading it. Zacharel has been in the Lords of the Underworld series since The Darkest Secret and I've been fascinated by him since then. I think the main reason that I was so fascinated by him was that he's just there, you don't really know anything about him at all, aside from him being an angel and the whole emotionless thing he has going on.

This book changes all of that, we get inside his head, which I both loved and hated. I'm going to miss the unemotional Zacharel, although I don't think he's really gone. He's just different around Annabelle (who I love!). That's one of the things I was dreading about this book, the unemotional/asexual Zacharel falling in love. He's never been attracted to anyone before, but Annabelle is special in some way (no spoiling!). It ends up being mostly believable, but I don't like that he's never been attracted to anyone before and Annabelle he's in lust with almost at first sight.

It was good to see the Lords in this book, even if they were only a minor part. I'm not sure I would have liked the book as much if the Lords hadn't been in it, since this book is a spin-off of Gena Showalter's Lords of the Underworld series.