SPOILER ALERT!

Catching Fire [Suzanne Collins]

Catching Fire - Suzanne  Collins

Horrible cliffhanger! I knew it was going to be a bad one, given the number of complaining reviews. Said cliffhanger was something I expected but at the same time, I wasn't expecting it to be the last sentence in the whole book! I guess that's one way to make sure people read the next book in the series.

There are spoilers in this review, not many but they are there.

This one seemed slower than the first book, I spent quite a bit of time wondering how Katiness would end up in the hunger games again (since the final book in the trilogy mentions that she's survived them twice).

I don't really have much to say about this book that isn't complaining about the cliffhanger, but since I have to wait for the Mockingjay audio from the library anyway the cliffhanger doesn't matter all that much. I think it bothers me less since I already knew there was going to be a cliffhanger. I'm just glad that the last book is already out (so I don't have to wait for it to be published).

I know there are a lot of people annoyed by the faked pregnancy and marriage that Peeta talked about during the interview, but I understand why he did it. I was expecting Katiness to be annoyed by it. I wonder if anyone realized that she wasn't really pregnant? I'd think that if she was, she would have gotten sick at least a couple of times during the games. Maybe no one really thought about it, but that should have been a give away.