Killer In High Heels [Gemma Halliday]

Killer in High Heels - Gemma Halliday

I liked the first book in this series better than this book. I'm not really sure what it was about this book, but almost everyone in it got on my nerves at one point or another. Maddie should have just hung up on her mom instead of listening to her whine about "where she went wrong". Hated that. Ramirez doesn't call Maddie for weeks and then, after she calls him, he calls back and then gets mad that she hasn't called him back after less than a day. I know why he hadn't called in so long, but it annoyed me even after learning why. I liked Ramirez in the first book (his first name is Jack, but Maddie never calls him that), but I didn't really like him at all in this one. Too sex obsessed, despite the lack of page time he really got.

I'm not sure how much this annoyed with this book thing is because the book simply annoys me and how much of it was due to me not really being in the mood for this book. I'll likely continue the series, but it's not going to be for a while, given the "I'm annoyed" thing I have going on with this book.