Unbound [Kim Harrison, Jeaniene Frost, Melissa Marr, Jocelynn Drake, Vicki Pettersson]

Unbound - Jeaniene Frost, Melissa Marr, Jocelynn Drake, Vicki Pettersson

Really enjoyed most of them, but didn't love the Pettersson SS, which brought it down some overall.

Ley Line Drifter by Kim Harrison: (The Hollows SS - 7.5) ★★★★
I really liked this SS, since it gives a pixie eye view of the world. I'd never really thought about pixie culture before reading this one. This SS falls between White Witch, Black Curse and Black Magic Sanction, which means that Mattie (Jenk's wife) is still alive. That was an odd thing to see, but I did miss her, so it wasn't a bad thing! This is one reason that I love anthologies, they give a new perspective to a series you already love. I tend to avoid the SS that are new-to-me-authors/series because I know that I won't have any idea what's going on.

I'm hoping to read all of the stories in this anthology, but I've only read 2 of the authors before: Kim Harrison (no really?) and Jeaniene Frost so I'm not really sure how well that's going to work out.

Reckoning by Jeaniene Frost: (Night Huntress Prequel SS) - ★★★★
I'm wondering if Bones being banned from New Orleans is going to be very bad for them later. I don't see how, since it's been more than 5 years as of the second book (the last one I've read so far). It was nice to see Bones' POV in this one and it was perfect timing, since I finished the second book today.

Dark Matters by Vicki Pettersson: (Signs of the Zodiac Prequel SS) - ★★★
I'm not completely unfamilar with this world, since I've read part of the first book (I can't remember why I quit reading it). That didn't really help me in understanding this SS. I knew about the Light and Shadow, but that's about it. The general understanding of the difference bewteen the sides isn't enough to understand this SS. I do want to read the series now, so the author has managed her objective (assuming that was it).

The Dead, The Damned, And The Forgotten: Novella by Jocelynn Drake: (Dark Days Prequel SS) ★★★★
I really liked this one. I've heard of the Dark Days series before and it's been on my TBR list for a while. This SS makes me want to move it up on the list, though. I had no trouble getting into the world, unlike the Vicki Pettersson SS. The first book in this series is Nightwalker by Melissa Marr: (not series related?) ★★★★★
I wasn't sure about this one, since all the books I've heard about by Malissa Marr have been YA and that tends to be hit or miss with me. This one isn't YA, so it worked out. I really liked this one. I think it's a stand alone SS and I'm wishing it wasn't since I really enjoyed the world. I had no trouble getting into this one, even though Marr is a new to me author. I'm unfamiliar with the term glaistigs, which is what Eve is. I'm not sure if it's something the author completely made up or if she based it off of something in mythology (that's becoming more and more common, after all).

Edit: There's a artilce about glaistigs at Wikipedia. They are from Scottish mythology which explains why I've never heard of them.