Hexed [Ilona Andrews, Allyson James, Yasmine Galenorn, Jeanne C. Stein]

Hexed - Ilona Andrews, Allyson James, Yasmine Galenorn, Jeanne C. Stein

This is only for Magic Dreams by Ilona Andrews & Double Hexed by Allyson James, since I've never read a book in the Anna Strong Chronicles and I've only read one of the Otherworld books.

Magic Dreams by Ilona Andrews - ★★★★½
I've read this one before, but listening to it was a very different experience. I loved the ending, with Jim cooking for Dali and Dali freaking out because that's a really big deal to shifters. I really liked seeing the Kate Daniel's world through Dali's eyes. Most of the KD books have something from Russian mythos in them, since Kate is Russian. I liked seeing Asian culture and mythos in this world, although it is something I don't know much about (at all, really). I like that the KD books are focused so much on Russian mythos, since I tend to get really annoyed with series that have a lot of different mythos going on at once. I know the world isn't that simple, but one person can't know everything.

I really liked the part with Dali's mother, especially the part where Jim shows that he knows Indonesian, I just loved their reactions to that. I also loved the number of times Jim got pissed about something Dali said about herself and poor Dali is clueless as to why he's pissed off.

I also really liked the action part of the plot (just in case anyone thinks I didn't care about it at all). I think I lost some of the impact of the action, since I've read this before. The 'final battle' was more violent than I remember it being, although most of the violence was against the bad guy. Listening to it is different from reading it, as I said before.

Double Hexed by Allyson James - ★★★★
There's a lot of forshadowing in this one that kind of worries me. I'm kind of sad that they spent most of their time in this story trapped in the hotel. I don't have that much to say about this one for some reason. Poor Freemont, summoning an angel.