Surrender to a Wicked Spy [Celeste Bradley]

Surrender to a Wicked Spy - Celeste Bradley

I don't think I've cried this much over a book in a while. I'm not much of a crier anyway, but this book got to me. I loved Olivia from the first few pages. He thought he'd have to save her, when she ended up saving him. I hated her mother from the start too. What kind of woman pushes her daughter off a bridge in hopes of getting her married? Strangely, it even worked! I can see why, since Dane thought she'd be like the other women he'd had to save that Season but she swam herself out of the mess. Or would have, if his boots hadn't gotten stuck in the mud.

I didn't like that Olivia doesn't find out about the Royal Four, which makes it very dangerous for her later. It's kind of hard to answer the bad guy's questions when you have no idea what he's talking about! The part that I cried about was Dane (and the others of the Royal Four) thinking Olivia was a spy, since her parents had agreed to a plot with a French spy. Olivia didn't know anything about it, but the Royal Four did. I also hated that Dane was willing to give her to the Prince Regent, like she didn't matter at all. If Olivia hadn't loved him so much, I wouldn't have wanted them to get together and stay together!