Once Bitten [Trina M. Lee]

Once Bitten (Alexa O'Brien Huntress, #1) - Trina M. Lee

I can't really come up with anything to say about this book!

I enjoyed it, but most of the elements within it are nothing new to me. Weres are mostly bitten and not born (Alexa has one full blood were friend). The magic in this one is a little different from most series, charms and blasts of power instead of spells and ritual. The magic isn't really a big focus of this book, so that likely isn't all the magic this series has to offer, but that's all the magic in this book. One review I read said that they felt a little lost with the magic and learned only after starting this book that it's suggested that you read the prequels before reading this book. That seems a little silly to me. I'm not saying that I disbelieve the reviewer, just that most people are likely to read the book first.I dont't read prequels before reading at least one of the books. I wouldn't have any idea who anyone was and I likely wouldn't want to read the books.

There's a love triangle going on. I tend to hate those, but the author has made it believable, since she loves one and is metaphysically connected to the other. I'm worried about how it's going to work out, but it could be interesting. I only really see it working out one way, but I could be wrong and the author has a trick up her sleeve.

As for the plot, it was good, but I would have just let the man die. Stop trying to save him, Alexa!