Avadonya: Rescuing Pavra [Terra Lorin]

Avadonya: Rescuing Pavra (Avadonya, #1) - Terra Lorin,  P.S. Love

I got this book from the author. I've reviewed a different book written by her (sharing Jewel) and we ended up having a long conversation (through email) which included a discussion of books (of course) and what I liked/disliked/wanted to see more of.

The author said it was a 'mature' Young adult novel and asked if I would be interested in reading it (since she remembered that I like paranormal books from the discussion we'd had over email). I'm not much on YA books, but I read the amazon summary and the sample chapters and I was hooked! The world was different from anything I've read and I really liked the characters.

I'll admit to being a little lazy with this book, I'm a fast reader and could have gotten it done sooner, I just couldn't convince myself to sit down and read it. Once I sat down to read it, I finished it in just a few hours. I really liked the world and the characters, although I did find some of the POV changes confusing since it wasn't just POV changes but often a time jump (mostly the past - 2 years before on - and present). I tend to dislike time jumps, but it was needed to tell the story.

I feel like anything I say is going to give away the plot, so I'm not going to mention the plot here, aside from saying that there were a lot of things I didn't expect to happen that did and some things I expected to happen that didn't.