Review: Sweet and Wild by Cerian Hebert

Sweet and Wild - Cerian Hebert

I found out while reading this one that it's the first book in a series. I didn't pay any attention to the cover of my kindle book the first time I opened it, but the second time I saw that it said "Wild Prairie Hearts, Book 1". It was a little too late to worry about it at that point, so I read it anyway. After reading it, I'm not sure it matters all that much, since this one reads like a single novel (no cliffhanger and they got their HEA). I didn't feel a big connection to the other characters, so I'm okay with pretending this is a single novel. It would likely be different if I'd realized it wasn't before starting it.

I liked both Quinn and Craig, but I would have been happier with this book if Quinn hadn't been involved with Craig's brother Robbie when they were younger. That added an element that I didn't like, since he was hoping to win her back. I didn't like him all that much, since Quinn kept telling him he didn't have a chance and he was pushing anyway. It made him come off as a little creepy.