Review: One Wish by Robyn Carr

One Wish (Thunder Point) - Robyn Carr
I realize now that I shouldn't have read Carr's Grace Valley Trilogy when I did.  I read all of them this month (March) and I really expected (for no reason at all) that June and Jim would be in this book.  They all do seem to be connected in some way (Virgin River has Grace Valley characters and this one has Virgin River characters).  Them not being in this book really confused me and it took me a minute to remember who Seth and Iris are.  I'll admit that my confusion is my fault, but it took me a while to get into this book due to that confusion.

Spoilers!
Aside from that, I really liked Grace and Troy's book. I was worried about how Troy was going to find out about who she was before coming to Thunder Point.  That ends up not being that big of an issue - aside from the money thing - which really annoyed me.  I assumed that their friends with benefits relationship started before this book started.  It starts during the book.  I don't think either one of them really managed to keep it to friends with benefits, even from the start.  I'm not sure they even tried. I expected one of them to have feelings while the other was happy with the way it was already.

I'm not sure why I expected all those things, but I did.  This is why I don't always read the summary before reading a book. If it's a new series or a single novel, I will read the summary but a series that I'm reading and I like I often have no clue what's going on in the book until I read it.  Sometimes I regret that, but it often works out well.