SPOILER ALERT!

Sixth Grave on the Edge [Darynda Jones]

Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson) - Darynda Jones

I love Charley's humor, but there are times were this series seems to jump between complete humor (often silly humor) and completely serious.  This series seems to live in between those two places and it somehow works out, but I'm waiting for Charley to say something stupid to the wrong person and end up really getting killed. Not that death is the end for her, since she's a reaper, but it would make a big change in the way this series is going.

I'll admit that I don't really trust Reyes.  I'm not sure if it's the whole son of Satan thing or if I'm just paranoid.  Reyes and Charley are somehow perfect for each other, but I can't quite trust him.  This book makes it clear that he knows more about Charley then he's told her (I'm not surprised by this).  I'm wondering what he's hiding.

And I really need to not read the summaries of later books in a series when I haven't read previous books.  The big reveal was something I already knew about, since I've read the summary for the next book.  You'd think I'd learn, but I never seem to!