SPOILER ALERT!

Crossing the Line [Katie McGarry]

Crossing the Line - Katie McGarry

I read Pushing the Limits shortly after it came out in 2012.  I loved Echo and Noah's story, but I'd planned on leaving the series there, although I knew about Dare You To, even though it wasn't out at the time.  Clearly, I changed my mind.  And I'm glad I did.

There isn't a whole lot to say about this one, since it's so short and both Lila and Lincoln are already in love with the other, even if they've only met once two years before.  I was worried that that would be completely unbelievable, but they've spent those two years writing letters back and forth. Each chapter/POV change even has little snippets of those letters, which I loved.

I expected Lincoln's lie to be a bigger deal then it was.  I also expected it to be a life changing sort of secret.  It is a big deal, but at the same time it isn't since it's something that can be fixed.

It turns out that Lila's ex-boyfriend, Stephen, is trying to keep her from going to the University of Florida.  Stephen comes off as a mostly good guy until that point.  He's really willing to ruin her dreams to get her to stay close to home (and him).

Lila is one of Echo's best friends, but I don't remember her from Pushing the Limits.